Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B1 Formatted Search Query: Volume & Weight Calculation

clementchoi
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hello all, 

I'm trying to write a FMS Query which will be able to show the total weight of a GRPO before it is posted. The same information can be found in the "Volume & Weight Calculation" window (Ctrl + W), in this case I would like to obtain the value "5903" and put under Total Weight (GRPO) via a FMS. May I know if this is feasible?

Screenshot 2024-05-09 152231.png

#SAP Business One

KR,

Clement

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fbio_bilicki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems you're discussing how to utilize SAP's standard features. You're suggesting using the system's capabilities where if an item is measured in "pieces," you can input the weight of one piece, or if it's in kilograms, input 1 kg as the weight, and the system will automatically calculate the net weight.

Example

fbio_bilicki_0-1715317188109.pngfbio_bilicki_1-1715317375464.png

When you input the data into the item master data, it automatically calculates the net weight on the line.

fbio_bilicki_2-1715317561032.png

And it already sums up the total quantity and net weight in the summary.

fbio_bilicki_3-1715317630891.png

Rgs

Fabio

BattleshipCobra
Contributor
0 Kudos

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you can't do what you're asking with stock SAP using an FMS.

If the data is not in the database then you can't pull it with FMS from a grid.  There is no way I know of that can loop the columns to do the total.  There is the "Volume and Weight Calculation" menu which shows it but you have to click into it (icons along the top).

Once the document is added, then the weight is totaled and stored at the header level and you can use something like SELECT $[OPDN.Weight] (SQL) and SELECT $[OPDN.Weight] FROM DUMMY (HANA) in FMS format to pull the info.

The issue with FMS queries is you can't loop the rows to do any totals UNLESS you have either an SDK add-on or something like B1UP.  You could easily loop through the rows and do a total of a column with B1UP using a WHILE loop or some UI API code.

Without it you will be stuck with the "Volume and Weight Calculation" menu.

If you do have B1UP I can help you with a macro to pull the information you need, B1UP can also place the fields better than the SAP UI editing.  Check out my demo:

http://b1updemo.battleshipcobra.com

Mike