Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied: 403 Error in SAP BTP / XSUAA issue

fatimadhool
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm building a full-stack application with SAP BTP CAMP. I've configured the data model, services, and HTTP endpoints. Additionally, I've created a role collection within the trial account. However, during testing, I've encountered issues accessing data. Although the GET command for metadata retrieval is functioning properly, I'm facing difficulties accessing data from specific tables. Each attempt results in a "Forbidden" error message. I've attached screenshots of the error for reference. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter and gaining access to the tables.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Fatima Dhool 

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @fatimadhool,

Are you accessing it from an App Router or are you trying to access it from a REST Client like Postman?

Best regards,
Ivan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fatimadhool
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi @Ivan-Mirisola,

Thanks for your quick response, i am using App Router  and also directly using CDS watch/run which is exposing output using router port 4004.

Thanks 

BR

Fatima Dhool 

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @fatimadhool,

It seems to me that your cds file contains some authentication/authorization constraints.

Unless you have an env file with the xsuaa details, cds watch/run won't be able to authenticate users. so your service has no jwt to validate any authentication/authorization constraints.

Best regards,
Ivan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fatimadhool
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,
I have tried with the provided solution but its still giving me the same error "403", "Forbidden" what do i do next? its secure on CF level, i have setup users in cdsrc file. Do we have to maintain users details somewhere else?

Thanks 

BR

Fatima Dhool