cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to an SAP Analytics Cloud tenant to SAP Datasphere Catalog

rebeca_elvetia
Explorer

Hello experts!

We are trying to connect our SAP Analytics Cloud Tenant with our SAP Datasphere Catalog. But we ran into an error that we can't really understand.

We are following the steps detailed here: Connecting to Data Sources | SAP Help Portal under SAP Analytics Cloud Tenant Connection to create a new System.

Once we push the "+" icon to create a new system we fill the boxes with the following information: 

• System Type: SAP Analytics Cloud
  • Name: SAP Analytics Cloud 
  • UUID of our SAC Tenant

And as an Authenticated System User, I am assuming that the authenticated system user is the user with whom I am making the connection with, and that would be my user (the one I am logged on in Datasphere) while our shared mailbox generic user is getting configured to use.

But when we click the buttom "Authenticate Now" we run into the following error:

Failed to (getAuthorizationAddress) due to an error: {"status":404,"code":"com.sap.orca.starter.core.exception.NotFoundException","message":"No resource com.sap.orca.svc.tenantmanagement.model.TmsTenant exists with uuid [our sac UUID]"} 

We looked for similar errors and we found this one here: 3338522 - Connecting SAC as Data Source for Catalog fails due Error "The UUID couldn't be verified" .... But it is not quite the same error we are encountering. So we are looking for other alternatives. (Our tenants' landscapes are in different countries but within the same continent)

• Can you help us identify what could be causing that type of error?
  • Are we missing some configuration from SAC's side?

I am adding the error pictures here:

rebeca_elvetia_3-1715210815834.png

rebeca_elvetia_2-1715209395635.png

Thanks in advance!

Rebeca

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Rebeca, It is a well written and thought out question. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MonaWalia
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Rebeca, can you please cross check the SAC UUID you are entering? Error seems to denote that might be an issue. As for data centers, in EU itself (assuming its continent you are referring to), there are multiple data centers depending on hyperscaler and each one of them would be counted as different. 

Another thing I want to highlight is that when it will authenticate, it will open up a new window where it will ask for credentials. Its not automatically the user who is logged into Datasphere rather the one you enter credentials for when you open the link in the private window. Here is a blog and video on all the steps: https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-blogs-by-sap/user-context-for-metadata-extraction-to-sap-dat...

If issue still persists, please open an incident. Thanks.

rebeca_elvetia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

I crossed checked the SAC UUID with the UUID in the About menu of the SAC tenant I'm trying to add, but I still get that error.

I'm going to submit an incident as you suggested!

Thank you for the reply!

Answers (0)