Beginner Corner Blog Posts
Share your stories, ideas, and insights here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello there and thank you for your interest in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning!

The digital skills initiative is intended to help those who are generally considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry get a kick start in their careers within the SAP Ecosystem.

The definition of people considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry varies by geographic location. However, we can provide the following guideline to help you understand the sort of people we are looking to support with this initiative:

• Military veterans and their spouses, family and caregivers
    • Women
    • Single parents
    • People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent
    • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
    • Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
    • First generation college students
    • People looking to switch their careers mid-life

If you identify as a person in one or several of these categories, the digital skills initiative might be for you. The final prerequisite is a willingness to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Exception: Pre-existing SAP professionals within the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) will no longer be considered for this initiative. The share of free certifications distributed to professionals within the Middle East and North Africa has been high and the remaining certifications will be now be reserved for newcomers to the SAP ecosystem. 

Campaign code redemption requests from MENA will no longer be accepted.  Newcomers from MENA are asked to sign up as instructed below, then present their first name, last name, street address and national ID number along with their SAP Learning Journey completion to digitalskills@sap.com to receive their free certification attempt. Thank you for understanding.

Here are the next steps on how to proceed:

Step 1 – Create an SAP Account

You will need an SAP account to track your studies and take a certification exam. Watch the demo in this blog for help on how to do that. Please use the same email address that you intend on registering with the digital skills initiative.

Also be sure to join the beginner corner as demonstrated in the demo – this is how you can reach out and ask questions.

Step 2 - Let us know you are interested

Either leave a comment below or start a discussion in the beginner corner stating a clear interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. Feel free to include a bit about yourself like academic / professional background and why you feel you are a good fit to the program. We will send you a registration link to the initiative via direct message. Please ensure private messaging is enabled on your profile.

Another key reason for this step is if you need help with part of a learning journey that you selected (in step 4 below), you can come back here (the beginner corner) to ask for help.

Step 3 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 4 - Begin studying

Pick a learning journey that best fits your interests which also leads to a certification. Any learning journey and any exam is covered by this program. Study it to completion, then send a screenshot of the completion & your SAP Community username to digitalskills@sap.com  

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion is sent to digitalskills@sap.com, please give us some time to process your request. You will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt as soon as we can get one to you.

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Check out the career corner

We wish you the best of luck in your learning journey! Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

Regards,

David

1,309 Comments
tieuthan
Explorer

Hello David,

I identify myself as.

Working as software consultant as many years. I wish to get SAP certified for next step of my career.

Best regards,

Thang

Poorva_Kothari
Discoverer

Hello David,

I am currently a master's student pursuing a degree in Industrial Engineering, and I come with prior experience in working with ERP systems. In light of the increasing demand for SAP expertise in the industry, I am eager to upgrade my skill set and leverage the opportunities that SAP certification can offer for my professional growth.

As someone passionate about technology and its applications, SAP certification will enhance my knowledge and open doors to new career prospects. Being a part of the underrepresented group that seeks to break into the technology industry, I am enthusiastic about the support and guidance that this initiative can provide.

I am committed to dedicating the time and effort required to excel in SAP and undergo the certification process. I look forward to the opportunity to contribute to and learn from this community.

Please consider me for participation in the digital skills initiative. I eagerly await the registration link.

Best regards, 

Poorva Kothari

tieuthan
Explorer

Hello David,

Thanks for the opportunities, I identify myself as follow:

• Women

I want to learn more about SAP to be an SAP consultant.

Best regards,

Dao

mohammadalkayed
Discoverer

Hello SAP team,

I hope you are doing well,

I am a Palestinian refugee, living in Lebanon and have no rights to work as a Civil Engineer and have no rights to build a house or own a house. So technically I identify as a person in the below categories:

- People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts.

- Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location.

I am very interested in the opportunity to learn SAP and get the free certificate, as this will help me a lot in travelling to Germany and work in German Companies which most of it uses your important software in their work. I will be very thankful if you give me this opportunity. 

And I will be looking forward for your reply.

Best Regards,
Mohammad Al Kayed
Tyre, Lebanon

Tahil-
Newcomer

Hi Team,

I am writing to you regarding the digital skills initiative program.

I identify as a person in the below categories:

People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 

Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 

First generation college students

People looking to switch their careers mid-life

I am willing to learn more about SAP for the much sought after SAP Certification.

I have completed my first learning journey Project Manage SAP S/4 Hana Implementation and I awaiting my certification attempt

Regards

Tahil

SwethaG
Newcomer

Hello David, this is Swetha G. I have been working as quality in-charge for car bellows. I identify myself into the below categories.

• Women
    • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 

I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. Please accept my registration.

Thank you!

Swetha Gedela

rupadevi721
Discoverer

Hello David, this is Rupadevi. i identify myself  into the below categories:

• women

I am willing to learn more about SAP for the much sought-after SAP Certification.

I have completed my learning journey  Exploring SAP Cloud ERP and I awaiting my certification attempt.

thank & regards,

G.Rupadevi.

sap learning.png

Sao357
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I use to be a salesman and actually I would like to switch my carrier. I'am very motivated to be a SAP Consultant and I'am willing to learn more about SAP.

I wish I could be certified as Project Manage SAP S/4 Hana Implementation and I hope I would get a certification attempt. 

Regards, 

Sao

GregOJ
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I identify as ‘People looking to switch their careers mid-life’.

I have completed the learning path as shown below:

GregOJ_0-1695636208107.png

My name is Greg Adimefe, a Mechanical Engineer, with over 6 years of experience in the Consumer packaged goods industry, Power and Manufacturing. Two years ago, i started preparing myself for a career in IT. However, building capabilities as a SAP Technology Consultant will direct my focus to help organisations improve their value chain by seamless implementation of SAP digital Solutions.

Zain1999
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

Hi there,  I am really excited about SAP S/4 Hana cloud journey and 

I identitify myself as 

Thanks and Regards ,

Zain 

phunn
Discoverer

I come from Vietnam and am interested in certification exams. Please give me this opportunity.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Thanks once again for sharing your interest!

Invites sent to those that shared some details about their background as of 25 Sept 2023.

Regards,

David

mimranryan
Explorer

@David_Chaviano 

Hi David,

My name is Rayan, I am from small town of India which is located in Rajasthan state which is the most under developed and dry part of India. I am an accountant and want to enhance my skills in SAP, this opportunity will help me in giving new direction to my career.

Thanks

LucasNguyen3097
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

Count me in! 🙌 I'm genuinely interested in participating in the Digital Skills Initiative. 🌐💡 It's a fantastic opportunity to enhance my digital skills and stay ahead in this fast-paced digital world. Looking forward to receiving the registration link via direct message.

Thank in advanced!

Hongdao
Newcomer

Hello David, 

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity, I dentify myself as follow:

• Women

I want to learn more about SAP to be a SAP consultant.

Best regards

HongDao

Lee_Jarvis
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

My name is Vy and I am from Vietnam. I am currently a recent graduate and have been out of school for more than one year. During this time, I have faced difficulties in finding a suitable job for my future career. Initially, I was not working in the IT field, but rather in a different job. In 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, my city went into lockdown, and fortunately, I had the courage to leave my current job and try my hand at remote IT work, which is how I came across SAP.

I have been familiarizing myself with SAP for the past 1.5 years, but I feel that my knowledge is still lacking. I aspire to learn and explore more about SAP, as well as other related technologies. This will not only enhance my skills and personal growth but also contribute to the organization I am currently working for. Moreover, I hope to contribute to the SAP community in the future.

Knowing this program, I'm really excited to have the chance to try out a free certification. I believe it's a great opportunity for me to learn and improve my skills. Technology is always changing, and I want to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements. I'm grateful for this opportunity and I can't wait to see what's in store. Thank you for considering my application for the free certificate attempt.

Best regards,
Vy

huyendta
Newcomer

Hello David,

My name is Huyen from Vietnam, a female account for 10 years, but now I am looking to change my career to become a SAP consultant. I have just finished two SAP Courses at TDI Training Center and ready to take a SAP Certification. Learning SAP is a long journey and I am on my way to finish all courses first. 

Thank you for reading my application, hope I can receive one free certification examination.

Regards,

Huyen.

F-G
Discoverer

Hello,

I would like to participate in this initiative. 

Based on the follow entry criteria:

• People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent

Thank You,

Finn G

Tawfik_N
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano and SAP Team,

I hope you are all fine and well.

I am a Palestinian refugee currently residing in Lebanon. Here I face limitations on pursuing a career as a Civil Engineer and on my ability to construct projects or own a home. Also, I am finding it really hard to find a decent job due to the economic downturn in Lebanon and the significantly reduced prospects for youth, who are facing a scarcity of employment opportunities since 2019. Consequently, my situation aligns with the following categories:

I am keenly interested in the Digital Skills Initiative and its certification, as this would significantly enhance my prospects of seeking employment opportunities, especially in Germany where I started my path to go there. I would be immensely grateful if you could grant me this opportunity.

I eagerly await your response.

Best Regards,

Tawfik Najami

SatyaV
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

Thank you for free certification program encouraging and helping people who are interested to step-up in their career.

I identify myself as a single mother, and a women who is interested in upgrading SAP Skills in careers mid-life.

Please do the needful.

serialkodari
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am a Computer Science graduate from Syria, i am residing now in North Lebanon and registered with UNHCR as a refugee because of the civil war in my country. I am really interested in the Digital Skills Initiative training opportunity, i really need any push forward to strengthen my skills and knowledge. In Labenon i am facing many obstacles in finding a related job and gathering some experience and all of that is because of those listed reasons:

1-The Lebanese economic breakdown makes my mission really difficult to find a job as a Syrian guy in a place where Lebanese citizens can not find a job, and also because of some apartheid against Syrians due to some political preferences.
2-The rarity of opportunities for new foreign graduates in Lebanon, especially if the graduate is not Lebanese.
3-It is very rare for me as a Syrian student to get major-related training in Lebanon because of the same reasons i mentioned above, and that is really depressing.
4-In Lebanon there are many limitations on Syrians...

My goal is to have a proper job in my major to draw a smile on my parent's faces because they did not get the chance to continue their studies.

I hope i meet the required guidelines, and if so i am totally ready to have this great opportunity (Digital Skills initiative) and other opportunities from SAP.

Regards 

vuongvu
Newcomer

Dear David,

I'm a SAP developer and looking forward to a management journey. That's a good opportunity to get valuable certificate and to learn about new things

Thanks again to making this possible for our community

Regards,

Vuong Vu

manhduc_18
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am currently working as IT Business Analyst at Viettel Solutions, my daily tasks are relevant to improving business process's effectiveness in the ERP platform so I truly want to learn useful knowledge to serve my technical analysis. Moreover, I want to collaborate with business clients to understand business procedure's weaknesses and then narrow down the gap between its current and their desire. I reflect as being able to meet one of the criteria:

I've learned Explore Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4HANA (TS410) as in this picture below. Please send me a valuable attempt code to fulfill my job dream at Gmail address: dunakmanmek@gmail.com. Thank you so much !

manhduc_18_0-1695824330034.png

nguyenthuy
Newcomer

Hello,

My name is Thuy. I've been working in ERP management for 3 years now.
I'm a woment and a first-generation college student in a rural area where technology adoption is difficul
I really love working with SAP because it helps businesses improve their processes. I would like learning and growing in this field to have a great career.
I really want to take a free certification exam to improve my SAP system management capacity. Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt.

Thanks & Regards,

Thuy Nguyen

TuanTran
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

My name is Tuan.

I am an ABAP Consultant. I want to upskill myself in SAP technology.

This is a great initiative by SAP. I hope to be a part of it.

Thank you.

Anh
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano ,

My name is Anh. I was interested and surprised at seeing your information that women is included in the category of free learning and practicing SAP.

Actually even I've been working as ABAP developer, I always think myself still being a newbie to SAP and being on the way to enhance knowledge since SAP is updated everyday. From the time I've known SAP, I love it because I understand how its important to modern society and what I could do for society through this software. I don't have IT background then I learn on my own and from my friends. Thanks to SAP certifications, my awareness will be deep and broaden because apart from working in reality, I should read the books to consolidate my understanding, especially in SAP Fiori and SAP BTP.

I hope to be received a certification attempt to get chance of learning. That helps me alot.

Thanks David.

Thanks SAP for your nice welcome all to SAP.

I am looking forward to hearing your feedback.

lethithuytrang
Newcomer

Hi, 

I'm Thuy Trang excited to be here and to learn.

I have already started the learning journey and it is quite interesting.

Hoping to get the certification voucher too !!!

Regards,

jerrydangdung
Explorer

Hi David,

As a single mom,it’s very hard to have a balanced life, but i always learning and doing many new technology from SAP so this is a great opportunity for me to get the cerification and promotion in my career path.

Hope that i will get the good news from you.

Thanks and best regards

Dung

myhoa_pham
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano ,
I'm Hoa, from Vietnam. 
It's great to know that SAP provides the chance for women to move forward in our SAP learning journey and our career path. I fit into category of women and would like to be a part of this digital skills initiative. 
I would like to learn about SAP BTP as an extension developer and then get the SAP BTP certificates to enhance my professional career. 
Please kindly consider my application for free SAP certification attempt. 
Thank you!

Best regards,

Hoa Pham

phat_phan
Newcomer

Hi David,

Thank you for your email and for the opportunity to participate in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning.

I really like SAP Tech and would like to update my new knowledge and skill, specially in S/4 Hana and SAP BTP, so this is a great opportunity that will support for my career in the future

So i hope that you will consider for my case with a free certification attempt.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Phat.

Loc_Nguyen
Discoverer

Dear @David_Chaviano ,

I am most exicted to learn about the different SAP technologies. SAP Learning Journey stands out as the best place for starting to study from the beginner to an experts. I am eager to gain expertise in S4 HANA and FIORI with the goal of becoming a full-stack developer. 

In light of this, I would like to kindly request a redemption code for an SAP certification attempt. As a member of SAP community, I believe that this gesture not only assists individuals in their professional growth but also contributes to the collective strength and expansion of the SAP community

Thank you for your time and support. 

Best Regards,

Loc Nguyen.

minh1995
Explorer

Hi David,
I am Minh, a senior ABAP developer at Bosch Viet Nam.
I am learning S4/HANA and I want to take this change to get a SAP certification to improve my career path.
Thank you very much and wish you the best!!!

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All!

Thanks for your interest in the digital skills initiative! Invites to those who shared a bit of their backstory and interest in SAP have received an invite as of 28 Sept 23.

Regards,

David

yen1512
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano ,
I'm Yen, from Vietnam. 

After a long time, my career path was disrupted due to my 2 little baby. It's very great to know this opportunity that SAP is giving for woman to catch up with new SAP technique. I really would like to take this chance to learn new SAP technique and get certificates for growing up and getting promotion in my career path. 

Please kindly consider and give me one chance to take this free SAP certification attempt. 

Thanks a lot,

Yen

vynguyen
Newcomer

Dear David_Chaviano ,
This is Vy from Viet Nam.

As a woman with a desire to be upgrade career path. That's great to hear that SAP gives us an excellent opportunity to learn different SAP technologies.
I would be happy to research new technique for changing current stage.
May I get a favor to take this chance.
I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Vy Nguyen.

kimthanh1812
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

My name’s Thanh, I'm interested in SAP SD course. Currently I’m learning very hard, I want to get the certification exam, I would be grateful if you can give me the opportunity to develop my skills and knowledge, it can help me a lot in my career path. Hoping you consider carefully.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
My contact: huynhkimthanhho1812@gmail.com - ID: P2007424879

Thanks & Regards, 

OanhNguyenVH
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano  and SAP community,

Since I was in college, I had the opportunity to experience and study SAP. After that, I graduated and looked for a job related to SAP and fortunately I was working as a SAP CO consultant. However, I still haven't had the opportunity to take the SAP certification exam. I hope this opportunity can help me get the first SAP certificate in my career.

Best regards and thanks

Oanh Nguyen

win_poojarahulb
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I identify as a Woman.

I have completed the below Learning Path and Have sent you the record of Achievement screenshots to the above mentioned mail Id. Kindly provide me the voucher Code to proceed with my certification.

poojarahulb_win_0-1695977466422.png

Thanks and Regards

Pooja Balakrishnan

DuongTran
Discoverer

Hi David,

Thank you for such wonderful opportunities.

I'm interested in many fields in SAP, especially focusing on SAP CO - the one that I just switched on recently.

I want to get certified by SAP to go further with my SAP career.

Best regards,

Duong

Thanhtbt
Newcomer

Hi,

I am a SAP ABAP development from vietnam. I've been working in sap abap for few years now. I identified as a person for this certification because I am a person in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts.

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I want to get certification in BTP. Sap BTP is so greate , i just want to learn more and more about it. i created my sap BTP trial account and start my learning.
If i can get a free certificationn attempt ,It will surely help to boost my skill set and will be great help in job finding. 

Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt.

tpt109
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 
I am a SAP MM Consultant from Viet nam. I've been working in SAP MM for 11 Months now. I identified as a person for this certification because I am a programer who liked love and hope to go so far with SAP but my family is not have enough money to invest the SAP certificate,
I really love working with SAP because it helps businesses improve their processes. It's amazing to see how technology can make such a big difference. I want to keep learning and growing in this field to have a great career.

Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt.

Thanks & Regards,

ToanTP

DatPT25
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

Hope you are doing well.

I am Dat, an ABAP Developer from Vietnam. The growth of SAP, especially BTP in recent years, has been amazing. Therefore I would love to ask you for a favor of a free certification exam, thanks to which I can complete my studies and and have the foundation to develop my career further.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks & Regards.

Le_Quang_Huy
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

I want to express my gratitude for this fantastic opportunity.

I am an expert in the field of corporate finance. After some research into SAP, I have found that the FI-CO module can help me transition my career and handle various aspects more flexibly. I find SAP extremely enticing and aligned with my career. Therefore, I consider this as an opportunity to enhance my expertise. I believe that this program will help me refine my professional skills, increase work efficiency, and contribute more value to the company.

Once again, I thank you for this opportunity you have provided. It will undoubtedly help me improve my skills and contribute to the success of building a strong SAP community.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

nhihty
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 
I am a SAP MM Consultant from Viet Nam. I've been working in SAP MM  for 6 Months now. I identified as a person for this certification because I am a women, first generation college graduate in my family, People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts,

Thank you for your email and for the wonderful opportunity to participate in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning. I am very much interested in the Digital initiative program as I have moved to a new country and trying to skill up to get job opportunities .

Thanks & Regards,

NhiHTY

vth20
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

Hope you are doing well.

I am Thanh, a soon-to-be graduate student from Vietnam, and I am very eager to pursue a career in SAP. The remarkable growth of SAP, especially BTP, in recent years has fueled my determination to learn and excel in this field.

With my passion and dedication to SAP, I aim to enhance my knowledge and skills by obtaining SAP certifications. However, as a graduating student, I am facing financial constraints and cannot afford the certification exam fees on my own.

Therefore, I would like to kindly request your support for a complimentary certification exam. This would enable me to complete my studies and establish a strong foundation for my career in SAP. I assure you that I will make the most of this opportunity and actively contribute to the SAP community.

Once again, I extend my heartfelt gratitude and look forward to your response.

Thank you and best regards.

Thanks & Regards.

TuanHoang
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano ,

I hope to take the SAP certification exam.

This is an important step in my journey to develop knowledge and skills in this field.

Best regards,

TuanHoang

thoa_nguyen
Newcomer

Hi,

I'm come from Vietnam, currently working in a environment that's using SAP.
I really love working with SAP. I want to keep learning and growing in this field for lifetime to have a great career opportunity.
Please consider my application for free SAP certification. Thank You !

Phongtran13
Newcomer

Hey SAP Team,

I am new member of SAP Learning System Hub , and now joining to study to get certificated for TS410.

Would like to get a free voucher for examination.

Thanks for your supports and have a nice day

Regards

Phong  

Aihtn
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am Ai Ho from Viet Nam, and I fall in below categories - Women

I have a deep passion for working with SAP as it has a transformative impact on streamlining business processes. Witnessing the profound influence of technology on organizations is truly inspiring. My aspiration is to continually expand my knowledge and expertise in this field, carving out a rewarding career path. My goal is to enhance my proficiency in SAP technology and secure a promising job opportunity in the near future. I am immensely thankful for this chance and eagerly anticipate the exciting prospects that lie ahead.

Regards,

Ai Ho

ngoc
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am always very excited about leveraging SAP solutions and platforms to innovate and improve workflows and increase efficiency.

I am very grateful to you for giving me the opportunity to improve my skills further.
Best regards.