Career Corner Blog Posts
Blog posts are a great way for SAP, customers, and partners to share advice, insights into career trends, new opportunities, and personal success stories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinkoch
Active Participant

My journey commenced with aspirations as high as the clouds, yearning to conquer the heavens as a pilot with Austrian Airlines. Yet, destiny, with its twisted sense of humor, charted me a course not through the serene blues but through the stormy aftermath of 9/11, steering me from the cockpit's confines to the boundless realms of IT.

This unexpected detour led me to the world of air traffic control, a brief sojourn where the sky was close, yet not quite mine to traverse. It was there, amidst the orchestrated chaos of landings and takeoffs, that a revelation dawned upon me—I was not meant to watch from the sidelines; I was meant to build, to create, to solve.

With this newfound epiphany, I immersed myself in the world of business informatics, a domain where logic and creativity intertwine, where systems and processes form the backbone of enterprises. Here, in the intricate dance of data and decisions, I found my calling.

SAP, a titan in the realm of enterprise solutions, beckoned with its complex challenges and vast opportunities. Yet, the road to realization was not without its hurdles. A renowned consulting firm, blind to the potential within, turned me away, doubting my place in the SAP cosmos. Little did they know, within days, SAP itself would extend an invitation, seeing in me what others couldn't—a spark, a possibility, a future.

Within SAP's halls, staring in 2006, I navigated the realms of integration, business process management, and the burgeoning world of mobile technology, each step a building block towards something greater. Yet, the spirit of adventure, the lure of the unknown, beckoned me towards uncharted territories—towards entrepreneurship.

CloudDNA was born not just as a venture but as an embodiment of my journey, a testament to resilience, innovation, and the undying pursuit of excellence. "You have the cloud in your DNA," a colleague mused over a dinner that was about to become historic. Those words, casual as they might have seemed, ignited the spark that would become CloudDNA, a beacon in the cloud technology landscape.

Teaching, sharing knowledge, became my way of giving back, of connecting with curious minds across the globe. From the complexities of SAP BTP Security and Permissions to the nuances of full-stack development, my journey into authorship was a natural extension of my passion for learning and innovation.

Recognition as an SAP Champion was a moment of reflection, a symbol of the journey's worth, of the obstacles overcome and the milestones achieved. It was a nod to the past and a beacon for the future.

Yet, life's essence is found not in accolades but in moments shared with loved ones, in passions pursued outside the digital realm. The culinary adventures, the shared passion for wine with my wife, the venture into champagne import and trade—these are the flavors that enrich the tapestry of my life, adding depth and color to the narrative.

This tale, woven from dreams deferred, paths redirected, and opportunities seized, is a testament to the unpredictable journey of life. It's a story of resilience, of finding one's true calling amidst the detours, and of the relentless pursuit of passion, both in the clouds and on the ground.

1 Comment
Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing @martinkoch - a very interesting read. We have a saying in Ireland "What's for you won't pass you by" - life can have a funny way of working itself out.

For anyone interested, read more about our SAP Champions Program and come say hello to our individual SAP Champions.