Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone Billing - SAP SD

Brinda911
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to replicate PS Milestone Billing Scenario in Public Cloud. However, I cannot find any option to create Milestone at WBS or Network Activities. But In the Billing Plan tab of Sales Order I find the Milestone option and when I click on it, it gives me to choose between WBS/ Network. 

Firstly, I wanted to know if we could create Milestones at WBS/ Activities and Second, I wanted to know if there are any CBC configs required for Milestone Billing from Professional Services/Project Management.

Customer is an AD service company, and we are going to use Milestone Billing solution in place.

When I create a Sales Order line item there is two options one for Create Dates and one for Milestones and it is asking for Network and WBS element. I have no clue what these are and how to create them. 

Or is it possible to create a milestone billing plan without Project Systems?

Could somebody guide me with the above, thank you!

-Brinda S

SAP S/4HANA SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Sales SD (Sales and Distribution) SAP Commercial Project Management for SAP S/4HANA SAP Commercial Project Management 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ken_Melching
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Currently in Public Cloud the Enterprise Project Milestones do not link to a Sales Order Item to create the Billing Plan similar to how it works in Private Cloud/On-Prem.  For Public Cloud it is on the roadmap to have this functionality.

Also, in Public Cloud there are only WBS elements, Network Activities are not there.

evans_aarons
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I am currently on public cloud and I believe there are Network Activities present and this can found when you are creating a Sales Order.

Regards,

Evans Aarons

Ken_Melching
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Trust me, they are not there. The transaction to generate a billing plan from network activity project milestones has its roots from the On-Prem code but you can't create network activities.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

evans_aarons
Explorer

Hi Brinda,

First and foremost, WBS is solely for the purpose of planning the cost & revenue for the particular project which would be expense planning, staffing and timesheet etc. and hence you cannot maintain any billing milestones here in the workpackage.

The reason why you see WBS/NETWORK when you click on Milestone in Billing tab is "WBS element is directly associated to Billing milestones which helps in the revenue recognition calculation".

The best approach would that creating the billing milestone on the project level itself which saves your time of creating Sales Order separately. I would assume that you are creating a project in "Create Customer Projects" application and maintain the workpackage to plan your costs and revenues and later when you arrive to the "Billing" tab; select Contract type, Product, Description, Assign the workpackage (created earlier in previous step) and enter the amount to be billed. Now go inside this billing item and maintain your milestones after this when you return back to main screen and click on save a Sales Order would be automatically created.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Evans Aarons

Brinda911
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs. We are not using Project Services in the current project. But it is still possible to create milestone billing without PS right? If so, where can we maintain those billing dates and when I manually give billing dates in the billing plan tab it is automatically placed in billing block and billing type FAZ (Down Payment Request). But I would like to see how billing block can be removed by system automatically and with billing type F2?