Human Capital Management Blogs by Members
Gain valuable knowledge and tips on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite and human capital management market from member blog posts. Share your insights with a post of your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukemarson
Active Contributor

SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll supports the following 50 countries:

• Argentina

• Australia

• Austria

• Belgium

• Brazil

• Canada

• Chile

• China

• Colombia

• Czech Republic

• Egypt

• Finland

• France

• Germany

• Greece

• Hong Kong

• Hungary

• India

• Indonesia

• Ireland

• Italy

• Japan

• Kuwait

• Malaysia

• Mexico

• Netherlands

• New Zealand

• Norway

• Oman

• Philippines

• Poland

• Portugal

• Qatar

• Romania

• Russia

• Saudi Arabia

• Singapore

• Slovakia

• South Africa

• South Korea

• Spain

• Sweden

• Switzerland

• Taiwan

• Thailand

• Turkey

• United Arab Emirates

• United Kingdom

• United States

• Venezuela

Valid as of the H2 2023 release.
28 Comments
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this overview, Luke!

2 questions:

1) is it supporting full gross2net for the US and Canada?

2) any idea about Germany? I know it's a nightmare, but with Austria in, they should be half way there already.

Cheers

Sven

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

I'm just the messenger here so I'm not inviting Payroll questions :wink:

Since Employee Central Payroll is SAP Payroll hosted in the Cloud then if SAP Payroll supports Gross-to-Net then Employee Central Payroll should.

With regards to Germany, this will be added when there is a request by a customer to support it. Since Germany is not a strong market for Employee Central (which is a prerequisite for Employee Central Payroll) then I don't think this will be soon. But keep your eyes peeled on this document!

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luke. Makes sense.

So, getting gross2net in the US is not a reason to switch to EC 🙂

0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

thanks for continuing to spread the word on EC and EC Payroll! The grand total for 1311 is 25 countries (not 23).

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Well spotted! I forgot to update the critical number at the top :smile:

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Is your remark "will be added when there is a request by a customer" valid for all missing countries? Or is there a roadmap..?

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wim,

SAP will consider new countries upon request. I believe there is a roadmap, but details are not usually published.

Best regards,

Luke

0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Like all of yours articles, this one is crisp and informative. Saw your tweets about Successfactors adding two more countries in 1402. Any idea around how functionality around time management is covered or integrated with payroll, given that Succesfactors does not have strong TM? Or going down the Kronos path is the only option? Heard about Successfactors introducing Timsheet features but I guess we may have to wait a while before we see scheduling, complex adbsence management etc. Whats your take?

Cheers,

Samir

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

Thanks for your comments - they are much appreciated. I will be updating this list with those new countries once they are formally released. Regarding time management, SuccessFactors partners with Kronos and WorkForce Software for this functionality and their systems can integrate directly with a variety of payroll systems. Other systems can be used, but there isn't standard integration content available for all vendors. You are correct that SuccessFactors is introducing some timesheet functionality, but it will be lightweight and not to the same level of detail that CATS or some 3rd party applications have. No doubt this will be built on the MDF so it can integrate easily with other systems.

Best regards,

Luke

0 Kudos

Thanks for updating the list luke. We welcomed Argentina & South Korea in this release in case anyone is wondering.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any ETA on Middle East countries?  Specifically, Kuwait, UAE, and Saudi Arabia?

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not as far as I know

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this list up to date?

Is there anywhere where SAP publish the EC Payroll country support list?

I know the list is higher for on premise payroll (55 based on this March 2015 link: https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001885882008E/).

Stephen

P.s. SuccessFactors own website says 22 countries on the text of their web page but 28 in the linked product brochure!

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is up-to-date as of today and remains updated as new countries are released (note that countries are not added until the date that they are released into a Development system). I am yet to find a publicly available list, hence why this one exists. I will let SuccessFactors know that their website is incorrect.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I spoke with SuccessFactors and they have now updated their website.

Leduckduck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hmm :cry: Denmark why are you not on the list.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great article Luke! May I know when Indonesia payroll will be supported by SF EC Payroll? Thanks.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

At this stage I am unsure if/when Indonesia will be supported. You can reach out to your local SAP sales representative to find out if it is planned.

Best regards,

Luke

Leduckduck
Active Participant

Where is Denmark.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Frans_Smolders
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Anders,

Denmark is a 'special case'. The payroll localization for payroll is provided by KMD. There are currently discussions going on on extending the delivery of the localization for on-premise SAP HCM Payroll to Employee Central Payroll. Feel free to reach out to Jan Hesthaven (jat@kmd.dk) on this topic.

Cheers,

Frans
ErikEbertDK
Contributor
0 Kudos
Indonesia is supported by Employee Central at the time of writing.

kr. Erik Ebert
lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It's still not supported in Employee Central Payroll though...
0 Kudos
Hi,

can you confirm that Norway localization is not available yet?

Thanks, Marianne
lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Sadly that is correct Marianne. This list is up-to-date to the latest release.
ArjenVHooydonk
Contributor
0 Kudos
No new countries in the 2005 release?
lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Correct, there are no new countries in this release.
jaydeepjadhav
Newcomer
0 Kudos
Hi Luke,

Is Tanzania payroll supported as of today?

Thanks

Jay
lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
No, only those listed above are supported as of today.
Labels in this area