Human Capital Management Blogs by SAP
Get insider info on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite for core HR and payroll, time and attendance, talent management, employee experience management, and more in this SAP blog.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amphill
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Recruiters and hiring managers are constantly trying to work more efficiently and quickly – so that that they can spend their time on valuable connections with potential candidates. Searching for and filtering through pools of applicants can be a tedious and time-consuming task, that slows down the hiring process and frustrates recruiters.

To address this, we have redesigned the Applicant Management tool to improve the recruiter experience, drive efficiency, and accelerate the screening and hiring processes. This tool provides an improved user experience for recruiters to search, filter, and display applicants who have applied for specific jobs. It includes the ability to configure filters and display options to navigate through candidates more quickly and easily. This update is part of an ongoing initiative to simplify the user experience across SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting, with continued improvements being delivered with each release.

The applicant workbench offers new capabilities that reduce the time and effort for recruiters to view, search, and filter applicants. Some of the new features include configurable filters, personalized columns, new search options, a candidate profile, and quick actions to easily manage applicants.

Learn more about the new capabilities to improve the recruiter experience in the Applicant Management tool in a quick 2-minute video.

This tool enables recruiters and hiring managers to expedite the process to identify and hire the best talent. For more details about capabilities, the general availability timeline, and the release schedule, please view the innovation alert. See the FAQ for additional details.

6 Comments
jsysel
Participant
0 Kudos
It reminds me LMC G2... it has been developed in 2004-2009. I expect you've removed drag and drop functionality as well and now for moving 1-2 candidates from one status to another it requires 3 or more clicks.
amphill
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Josef

Actions for multiple candidates is now supported to easily move the status of one or many candidates at a time. Drag and drop is not supported. See more details on the SAP Help Portal.

jsysel
Participant
3 or more click aren't easily when it was before just a move...
New version: select candidates -> click move -> click selectbox to open -> click right status -> click confirm

Old version: select candidates -> drag them to different status -> click confirm

But that's not the worst. The design is really ugly and looks like corporate warehouse system. R.I.P. SF. No new customers anymore because no one will like it.
PierreCOTTIN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Josef,

The Redesigned Applicant Workbench does not include all the legacy functionalities such as drag and drop.  The main goal was to make the recruiter's daily life easier and simpler, with a total review of functionality and user experience.  This project was driven hand in hand with SAP SuccessFactors UX/UI experts and with the collaborative support of 30 companies during an early adopter care program, where customers shared all their feedback over several months via several sessions and specific workshops.

This resulted on a brand new tool that includes powerful and easy-to-use capabilities (filters, search) that will help users find the right candidates more quickly. Additionally, candidates can be moved to different statuses via the 'Move Applicant' button, which automatically suggests the next status (3 clicks vs. 2 clicks in the legacy system).

We understand that transitioning to a new tool would take time, but first feedback we got have brought confidence that the new capabilities of the Redesigned Applicant Workbench have enhanced the user experience. Be sure SAP SuccessFactors teams have strictly planned to follow user adoption and gather direct feedback from them to continue enhancing this new feature.

Thanks and best regards,

Pierre

PauloLopes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Team!

I have an issue with the Latets Candidates Workbench:

On a particular Job Requisitions, despite having candidates I only see them on the Legacy view.

So, in the Legacy Candidate Workbench I have 10 candidates in several status, in the Latest Applicant Workbench I have 0 candidates in all status.

Anyone know how can this be possible?

Dilip_Kumar
Contributor

Hi @amphill,

Is there a sunset date announced yet for Legacy applicant workbench? Also, please let us know when would be Redesigned Applicant Workbench would be a universal push from SAP. Is there a date announced as well for that?

Thank you,

Dilip