cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Rules BASIC Scenario H1 2024

florianhartl1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

It is very unfortunate that BASIC business rule scenario was switched off from an admin point of view since complex business rules must be now split because we cannot realize SET and RAISE within one business rule. Is there any plan to bring it back or enhance the new setup?

Please bring it back 😕

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

S_Strangfeld
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @florianhartl1 ,

There is no plan to bring Basic Rule scenario back to life. We had really good reasons to deprecate this option, as it provides no guidance at all and rules based on this scenario are very error-prone and have been the main reason for customer support tickets and failing rules. We have seen so many misconfigurations in basic rules, which can be prevented by guiding and guarding the user much better in the creation of the rules already. 

We have designed the rule scenarios very carefully and also evaluated our design with customers, partners and our support colleagues to decide what should be allowed and what should be prevented in a specific rule scenario. 

However, if you really think that something is important to be supported in a rule scenario and is currently missing, please provide the use case and the business need via our influence tool and we will check, if we need to enhance the existing approach. 

If you find a use case that is NOT AT ALL covered by any rule scenario, please file a support ticket. Our support colleagues will inform the product team immediately to check the necessary next steps accordingly.

Thx a lot!

Best regards, Sylvia

florianhartl1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Very unfortunate - I never had any problems with BASIC scenario since I implemented and tested thouroughly. Well, you can cover all the use cases but now you need to split your business rules at least twice in SET and RAISE business rules. It is very easy loose overview and from an admin perspective it is very unconvenient. It would be at least nice to use SET and RAISE within the same business rule. I will definetly create an enhancement request for this, this new release makes it so much more inconvenient to use.