cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

externalcode and name: Department object in Canvas report vs XML code of the User Group Rule

tshulha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Update: the issue is solved: Global Job Info table should be used to derive correct CDATA mapping instead of Foundational Data table.

Hi. I exported XML version of the permission groups definition via Canvas report using User -> User Users Group table -> User Group Rule field. The output returns CDATA format of the objects in the business rules definition. For ex.,
<field>hris_jobInfo$division</field>
<value><![CDATA[XXXXXXXX]]></value>
<field>hris_jobInfo$department</field>
<value><![CDATA[XXXXXXXX]]></value>
I want to convert CDATA values into externalcode. When I run Division canvas report with externalcode and name fields, it returns correct externalcode - exactly those divisions that are used in the permission group in UI. However, when I run Department canvas report with externalcode and name fields, for the department externalcode used in UI it returns name values different from the CDATA department values available in the XML code, while actual CDATA values available in the XML extract are not included in the report at all. What can be the reason? Please see description attached.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)