cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homepage banner sizing with 1H 2024 release

MireilleFilion
Explorer

Has anyone noticed a change in their banners on the homepage since the new release in preview?

Our banner used to display entirely with rounded edges but now it seems to be stretched out across the screen and we can no longer see the corners of the banner.  I noticed that it's the entire homepage that seems to be zoomed in.

Is this a known issue?

Thank you!

brandon_rose
Discoverer
0 Kudos
We're testing in our staging instance and I'm seeing the same. Different resolution sizes on monitors are throwing off the alignment of the new customizable banners.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jackoneill23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mireille & Brandon, wow what a strange decision by SAP - the design of the banner in 2H 2023 was a great improvement so it's so strange that they're reverting back. Very frustrating as well that they haven't even communicated it in the What's New Viewer (unless I've missed it). It's amusing as well that they still have the "incorrect" version on the admin guide for managing the latest home page...

I would love the ability to go back to the 2H 2023 version so have raised the influence request below to recommend that they provide customers the option:

https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/323063

jackoneill23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mireille, yes I have noticed this too. We have exactly the same banner image settings in Preview and Production but the Preview instance is showing a rectanglular image covering the entire screen rather than with the rounded egdes. I've raised a case with SAP.

MireilleFilion
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jack, I raised a ticket with SAP earlier this week and this is the response I got:

In regards to the issue - this was an expected changed with the release 

In 2311, we implemented rounded corners on landing page banners with left and right margins. This was never intended by the banner template designers. Now that we have a finalized Banner Template design, we need to revert the banners images on all landing pages back to the bleeding edge. All images should extend to the right and left sides of the screen with no margins or corners in the 2405 release. 

This may also slightly change the image size.

brandon_rose
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Here is a KB article explaining the new banner. It was release 8 days ago. Our team has also opened a ticket with SAP because of the weird behavior we are experincing. https://me.sap.com/notes/3149236/E