Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Producer crashed while generating compound doc - Error RPC not available

asalemanesa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys

For the last month I have been trying to generate my compound document. The flow or errors do not change and I'm not sure what other steps to try? 

- no issue starting the process, both SEN and the word doc are active as it flows through the process
 - when it gets to approx 80% the word doc throws up different errors around not being able to convert the png files and I have to manually select OK for it to continue
 - when I get to 90% complete, the word doc freezes and does not respond

The only way is to close both SEN and Word and try again. 

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

Does it fail at the same point, i.e. is it the same Book Page or Simulation causing the failure?  If it is, check the content in that object, is there anything special in that content object, e.g. a very high resolution image?

To try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Open Producer
2. Select View > Javascript Console
3. Right click the console window and clear it
4. Start the compound document generation running

Is there an error in the Javascript window that helps with the issue?  If not, I would raise a support ticket using the Component ID KM-SEN-PRO so support can take a closer look.

Regards
Shane

asalemanesa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Shane

It's primarily text units and reference document types? The main error pops up in the word document that cannot convert the png graphic? would that have anything to do with it not being able to complete? 

Is there a file size limit with images?