cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade SAP SuccessFactors demo systems to 1H 2023 ?

Lisa_Shang
Participant

We have two SAP SuccessFactors demo systems, one is trial one and was created several years ago, the other is paid one and was created yesterday.

SF support told me that all the paid/free demos comes under a Sales demo environment which is not a production environment. I know SAP SuccessFactors 1H 2023 has been released. But both two demos we have are still 2H 2022 with the version number b2211p27e.20230508170714.

Could you tell me how to upgrade SAP SuccessFactors demo systems to 1H 2023 ? We want to check if our product works fine on it.

Many thanks.

Lisa Shang

former_member80299
Associate
Associate

1H 2023 Release Dates

• Preview weekend: April 28, 2023
  • Production weekend: June 2, 2023

Since your demo instances are on 2H 2022, it means the upgrade to 1H 2023 should be available post 2nd June.

You can review these details on a post from SuccessFactors community site : https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/product-and-customer-updates/2023-release-date-changes/ba-p/2173...

Lisa_Shang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thanks for your message.

Based on the SF Support response, I understood that our SF demo systems are created based on preview environment. June 2 is the release date for SF Product. Will our preview demo systems be upgraded to the 1H 2023 at the same time ?

I'm confused if our demo systems are preview ones or product ones. Could you tell me the answer ?

Thank you again.

Lisa Shang

talentSME
Explorer

Hi Lisa,

Your demo instances are neither on the preview stack nor production stack, they are on a separate server called only for sales demo instances. when you request a demo instance, SAP issues them based on a "template". Which template you have typically depends on what was the latest version you requested your demo account. These templates must be assembled on a release (i.e. 2h2022), but have a naming convention after cities (i.e. Tokyo, or NGD Boston). These instances follow production releases based on what I found testing my own: pmsalesdemo8 (paid):

• Release: b2211p27e.20230508170714

pmsalesdemo8 (free):

performancemanager4 (prod):

hcm4preview (preview):

• Release: b2305p4e.20230525184748

Therefore, it appears that demo instances do get upgrades even though they say 2211 - even production is on 2211. I guess we will have to wait and see if all demo environments show 2023### after the release next week.

I'll call this out too:

You can still "upgrade" the demo template you're on (new data sets, themes, automatically enable new optional features etc., by manually opening requests in hxmcloudops.successfactors.com. But you will irrevocably lose all configuration and data you've done previously.

To upgrade your free trial account template, you will have to terminate your existing one (and request a new one (with new company ID) in HXMCloudOps > Demo Instance Request Tool > Trial Demo request

For paid Testing & Demo instances - called Non-Commercial License, aka NCL instances (formerly called Partner License Sales tenant, or PLS), you don't terminate it - you overwrite it. In HXMCloudOps > Demo Instance Request Tool > T&D Demo request, you can do a template exchange. Find your NCL order ID from managemyservices.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com and locate your partner ID. Enter and click next. Then request SAP to deploy a more recent template on the release that you want (if available)

View Entire Topic
AnnaGiorgia_Aj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

have you any insights on your question? 

We also would like to know the timeline for T&D Sap SuccessFactors Upgrades.