cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on with the SSO to the SAP SuccessFactors community

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, firstly, let me express my profound bemusement that I am forced to post a question in the SAP Community about the SAP SuccessFactors community because it doesn't have a forum to allow me to do this. (Happy, neh, very happy to be educated otherwise.)

To my main point - what on earth is going on with the SAP SuccessFactors community SSO? I am logged into my universal ID account, and yet am redirected to a page:

then to here:

Need to enter my email address (when I'm already logged into UID) - note it doesn't ask me for a password, as it then figures out that I'm already logged on!

then to here:

and finally...

I can understand the last selection - given I have quite a few users associated with my universal ID - but why on earth the previous two?

If I delivered this for a customer there would be a high level defect raised!

Additionally - it would seem that message specific links e.g.

https://community.successfactors.com/t5/Platform-Resources-Blog/SHA-1-Deprecation-and-Impact-on-Thir...

NB the #M2362 bit

are no longer working - navigation is only to the main link and is missing direct to message nav.

Cheers,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member26
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi chris.paine -- I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with SSO and we appreciate your feedback on the SAP SuccessFactors Customer Community. While the SAP SuccessFactors Customer Community does not have a specific forum for Community-specific issues, you are more than welcome to email: customerempowerment@sap.com for direct assistance related to those types of items.

It's my understanding that the SuccessFactors Community team currently has a ticket in with the platform vendor for similar issues, but I will connect with you with their Community lead individually to see if there is more we can do to assist with and troubleshoot the issues around message specific links. Thank you for reaching out!

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Cassandra,

I'll wait to hear more.

It would be good to have a forum/area in the SAPSF community that could host these kinds of questions as I'm sure it's not just me that is finding these issues and irritation.

Sending an email isn't quite the same thing!

Thanks,

Chris

former_member26
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Thanks, Chris! I actually experienced the same this morning, and touched base with the Community manager and can confirm that there are actually no additional reports on SSO issues currently.

TamaraBauler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, chris.paine - To follow up on Cassie's note above, I am sorry to hear you have had SSO issues logging into the SuccessFactors Customer Community. I haven't had any reports of other SSO issues with the Community at this point.

I emailed you directly to understand your issue and follow up with our vendors accordingly.

I will look into the link error you identified as well.

Thank you for suggesting a forum for reporting issues like this on the Customer Community. We will definitely consider that. Currently, our shared email address that Cassie shared above - customerempowerment@sap.com is linked to 'Contact Us' on the page footers and I address customer questions/issues there.

I will look forward to working with you to get your issues resolved.

Thank you!

Tamara