Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CAL Applicance S4HANA trial activation on GCP provider

srinivasb8583
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I am trying to activate S4HANA trial appliance on GCP. I have followed all the steps as per the blogs. 

getting the error related to the quotas like N2_CPUS while activating the appliance. Can you please help here as i am preparing for some demos. Appreciate your response. 

Also, i have terminated the appliance now. Hope there are no costs involved. can i try the appliance activation again once you suggest a solution now? 

Thanks a lot again for your help. Looking forward for a resolution.

Srini

View Entire Topic
MustafaBensan
Active Contributor

Hi Steven,

If your data source is either BW or HANA, you should be able to apply the concept of cascading filters to retrieve the desired dimension value with the following script code:

var myName = CROSSTAB.getSelectedMember("Name");
DS_A.setFilter("Name", myName);
var myLocalities = DS_A.getMembers("Locality",1);
var myLocality = myLocalities[0];  // The assumption is that each "Name" member only has one corresponding "Location" member in the data source

For the above approach to work you should make sure the "Name" and "Locality" dimensions have the Members For Filtering option set to "Posted values only" in the Initial View of the data source.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Datasources are being created through BW.

As you suggested the method seems to be ignoring the filtered dimension value. It appears to be retreiving the first dimension value in the locality column. The data source is being filtered, but the text field is not being set to the corresponding locality.

Regards,

Steven Farrugia

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Did you check that the "Name" and "Locality" dimensions have the Members For Filtering option set to "Posted values only" in the Initial View of the data source?

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member

Hi Mustafa,

All seems to be working fine. I forgot to add the Members for Filtering for the 'Locality' dimension, hence the undesired behavior.

Thank you!

Regards,

Steven Farrugia