cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU information not getting updated in SAP TM for Inbound delivery scenario

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a S4 Side car TM/EWM implementation, where we have inbound delivery based TM integration and TM-EWM integration is based on TU.

I am trying to get the HU/ Pallets in SAP TM from EWM. But system is not updating Freight unit or Freight order with Pallet/HU information. Where as the Charge calculation is based on Pallet quantity.

As per SAP, system allow HU update only via LDAP, if LDAP is applicable.
But if I follow Arrival at check point> Unload start> GR >>> HU gets updated in S4 from EWM and then S4 tries to update TM with HU.

If inbound scenario with HU is possible then kindly share the steps. 

Looking for your support.

Regards,

Krishnendu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Johnny_Li
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If the TM-related LE delivery is also configured for EWM integration and the TM-EWM Integration is based on EWM Transportation Units, then the TM FU and FO will be protected from being updated by LE logistic integration. Posting GR or GI from the EWM side will only update the LE delivery but not the TM documents.

The typical procedure is to update FU/FO from EWM TU through an LDAP message triggered by the EWM TU action 'Departure from Checkpoint'.

SAP Transportation Management SAP Extended Warehouse Management 

Johnny_Li
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
I just found this from EWM help portal "In inbound processes, the system notifies TM about the execution of the plan in EWM by sending a TransportationOrderLoadingAppointmentNotification message to TM after the system has set the Departure from Checkpoint status of the TU. The message does not include delivery information and handling unit information". It seems to be standard that HU will not update back to TM for inbound. I think it also makes sense for business as for inbound, if the cargo already arrives the receiving point, why it needs to be packed again? Maybe TM needs to act as the leading packaging system in this case?
0 Kudos
Hi Johnny,