cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Inspection for Aftermarket Services

becca656
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am part of a team designing a solution for aftermarket services (returns, warranty, etc.).  The requirement is to determine where/if quality inspection can be incorporated as part of the solution.  Options may be inspection upon return of the part, during the service of the part, or upon completion of service and before shipment.

It would appear the 06 inspection type could be used at receipt of the product and inspection types 10 or 11 could be used at shipment, but how does one incorporate quality inspection with a service order? 

I know I can associate the 14 inspection type with the service order type, but where do the requirements for the inspection (e.g., master inspection characteristics) get assigned?  Would we assign the inspection to a production order that actually performs the repair/warranty work?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manaveamol
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, 

Inspection can be triggered at any point for below objects:

• Return delivery - with 06, 05 or 12 Inspection types. 12 is for a return delivery and inspection lot will be created at the time of receiving a returned part. 12 is also integrated with ARM solution and EWM. So if your solution is having ARM and EWM, you can consider 12 Inspection lots. 
  • Repair order : if it's a service order then 14 inspection type will be used and you will have to maintain an equipment or general maintenance task list. Inspection will be created after the creation of an order. But this master data will not be encouraged by Quality users since these are new transactions for them. 
  • Repair order with Production rework order - this will be similar to inprocess inspection with 03 inspection type. 

Decision will be driven by client's business process and the event at which they really do the inspection. 

Let me know if you want more details.

- Amol Manave