Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP2XLSX in an old Abap version

oliver_am
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello there.

I want to use ABAP2XLSX but my system have an old version of ABAP: 701.

I cannot activate the report ZABAPGIT_STANDALONE, it's using new syntax...

Any tip how to install ABAP2XLSX without ZABAPGIT ?

Thanks in advance.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
You will also have the same kind of syntax errors with ABAP2XLSX because it's supported only from ABAP 7.02. Install a trial, install abapGit, install abap2xlsx. That's it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abo
Active Contributor

abapGit requires a slightly higher version than yours, so it is no surprise that it doesn't work: 702 SP 8 or higher.

abap2xlsx is known to work down to 7.31 but we have no hard data on still lower versions.

you could install the whole thing in the canonical way on a newer system, generate the transport and import it in the older system: if this works, the devs are very much interested in hearing from you, to update the lowest known working version on the website.

oliver_am
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Is there any TR to import in data and cofiles folders to import it in my system? How can I donwload these two files?
abo
Active Contributor
as I said, you'd have to generate the transport yourself from a newer system.
oliver_am
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, I've copied the objects from a system that have ABAP2XLSX already installed.

But I'm having problems activating the solution.

Some of them:

- Need to add type ABAP in some clases in Type groups.
- Data element sysuuid_x16 doesn't exists in my version, changed by XSDUUID_RAW

- Some syntax error for this words in some classes declarations: RISK LEVEL HARMLESS
DURATION SHORT.

- Some "new" syntax in class ZCL_EXCEL_WORKSHEET , I had to change the code to not do math operations or call methods in the call to other methods.

These problems are now fixed. but...

-  now, my big problem: Class CL_ABAP_UNIT_ASSERT doesnt exist... i've tried to copy it to a Z one, but there are references to other classes and interfaces like: if_Aunit_Object, cl_Aunit_Failure_Assert_C...
I'm going to try to install SABP_UNIT_CORE and SABP_UNIT_CORE_API packages from some SAP notes... If you have a clue how to do it...

Thanks in advance

oliver_am
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Well... i've commented the lines used in class ZCL_EXCEL to call the class cl_abap_unit_assert... problem solved, now fixing new errors
oliver_am
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, now i think is working...

I've fixed some other problems:

class CL_SYSTEM_UUID doesnt exist.

ZCL_EXCEL_COLUMNS
remove - new syntax

ZCL_EXCEL_ROWS
remove - new syntax

ZCL_EXCEL_WRITER_2007 - new syntax:
CREATE_XL_COMMENTS