cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct filters with linked dimensions on date vs calendar week

Martin_Barth
Explorer

Hello experts,

I have two import models in the SAC with linked dimensions. One of the linked dimensions is the date. But in the story we have set the date-filter on calendar week and not the specific date in day granularity as we want to have a look at whole calendar weeks.

So what I am wondering now is: What does the SAC do in the background?

=> When I am filtering in the primary model on a certain calendar week with the calendar week filter in the story all data is being selected with a date within the selected calendar week. That is clear and easy to understand.

=> ...but how  does the direct filter via the linked dimension select on the secondary model and its date dimension in detail? Will the selction of the whole calendar week on the primary model be forwarded to the secondary model? Or will it just be the dates on day granularity found in the primary model that will be forwarded to the secondary model?

For example:
When I would select on calendar week 18 in 20024 and I only have data in there for Monday and Tuesday ( 2024/04/29 and 2024/04/30) but in the secondary model is data for each day of the week, will the secondary model just be filtered with 2024/04/29 and 2024/04/30 (and the data of 2024/05/01, ... 2024/05/05 will be missing) or will it be filtered with all days / dates of calendar week 18.2024?

Thanks a lot!
Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)