cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entity in schema not found error when creating datasource on HANA_SDA connection

imartin19
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When trying to create a datasource on HANA_SDA connection I am getting this error in BW/4 
Entity V_QUOTE in schema PCM_A_SDA.<NULL>.DBS06A_BW_RO not found

Message No. RSDS392

Other information that might be useful.
The Remote Source PCM_TEST is created as an SDA/SDI remote source using the Oracle Adapter in the Provisioning folder and works as expected on the HANA DB side.
The HANA_SDA connection PCM_A_SDA is created successfully in BW/4HANA as a SAP HANA Smart Data Access connection type.
We checked traces on the DB and BW/4 side and nothing came up.

Do you have any suggestions how to fix this issue?

2024-04-29 14_25_35-Photos.png

Thanks,
Ioan 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

imartin19
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

This was fixed.

As we need to load the data from 2 schemas from PCM (CMAN and DN) synonyms were created for the views under the DBS06_BW_RO schema so only one connection would be created in BW/4. It seems that based on note 3075945 - BW/4 1.00 SP20: Hana datasources doesn't support Synonyms of Tables of Remote Sources - SAP for Me - Hana datasources doesn't support Synonyms of Tables of Remote Sources. This is because the updated HANA SDA/SDI doesn't support this anymore. The official recommendation is to use Only Tables or Views of the Remote Sources. If you still want to use the Synonyms you can install the advanced correction and follow the manual activity. BW/4 doesn't recommend this officially. I did not implement this workaround as SAP does not recommend it. To fix this I deleted the connection which was pointing to SCHEMA with the synonyms – DBS06A_BW_RO and created 2 new connections for each schema(CMAN and DN).

Answers (0)