cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Instantiation of calculation model failed ...........' on drilling up/down in a chart in SAC

MadhuLodugu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The complete error is attached to the post. When I drill down or up on date column in a chart in an SAC story, I am getting this error. Please suggest what can be done to resolve this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @MadhuLodugu,

If you use HANA Calculation Views as data source for your SAC Story / Model, you may need to re-generate / activate the Calculation View in HANA then try / test again; it may resolve the issue.  Error "306105: Invalid query" usually means there are missing things on HANA level as you triggered a sub query with filtering. 

Regards,
Tuncay

MadhuLodugu
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Tuncay, Thank you for the response, however, we are using a CDS view for the model and not a calculation view, the datasource being SAP Hana. Any suggestions on the error given that we are using CDS view?
TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@MadhuLodugu, understood.

If your CDS View is a custom CDS View you can take look into the code and re-generate too.

If your CDS View is a standard view there might be issue on backend side for not only on CDS View itself but backend ABAP Pipeline. You can check recently updates SAP Notes and run CNV_NA_DI transaction (program CNV_NOTE_ANALYZER_DI) in your system to see if more notes need to be applied; see more information as an example: What’s New in SAP Datasphere Version 2024.6 — Mar 12, 2024 

Also you can check your back runtime errors and system logs for more details for the error. I'm sure you can find more information regarding the error.

Have you checked the error on me.sap.com? There are many notes for "Error 306105: Invalid query" that might not be directly your case but it may give you an idea.

Regards,
Tuncay