Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Tools Visual Studio Code Completion No Suggestions

StephanG
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

when trying to develop a Fiori Elements App in Fiori Tools for Visual Studio there are almost never any suggestions for values. What I really want to find out for example which options there are for the chart settings like here when developing an Analytical List Page:

StephanG_0-1715173466491.png

There are no suggestions on what values I can put in here, I guess because they are strings(?).
When i go to the API reference for example for sap.suite.ui.generic.template.AnalyticalListPage I would expect maybe a list of settings possible for this, but there isn't. Is there a way to find out what can be done within the settings of those completely SAP standard elements? So far I always just found the options through scattered documentation by SAP or by blog posts. 

I installed the extensions the sap recommends for visual studio. 

To be honest it is a bit frustrating to have to test where for example if it is called "
presentationAnnotationPath" or just "annotationPath" or anything else, with no way for me to find out. Like in the backend CDS where you can see what are the possibilities, and test around.

Sorry if I came across a little harsh. 

Kind Regards and thank you very much, 
Stephan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Christoph_G
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello @StephanG 

currently the SAP Fiori elements related settings of the manifest have no public schema to be used by the UI5 language assistant. However the most used manifest and UI5 flexibility settings are provided by the SAP Fiori tools, and in particular, the Page Map, Page Editor and Guided Development (help doc: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_FIORI_tools). I suggest giving it a try.

Best regards,
Christoph Gollmick
SAP UX Engineering