Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid reload selection after executing a RAP action

crus_ch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an unmanaged RAP Fiori Elements app with a couple of  RAP actions.  Some of them do not change anything or don't change anything regarding the data shown in app.

But everytime an action is executed, the CDS View is called 2 times with the current filter values. Once with a SELECT Count statement and once with normal SELECT with UP TO 200 rows (why 200? app only shows top 20 entries...). This is really anyoing for the user, especially if the CDS View's data hasnt' changed at all. Is there any way to influence the re-selection after executing the action? I tried filling or not filling the result parameter, but this didn't change the behaviour. I also tried to not have the result parameter. 

View Entire Topic
junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

odatamodel at ui side has a parameter refreshAfterChange, that probably triggers the call. you can change that parameter to false to see if it makes difference. you can change that at manifest json where you define the odata model.

crus_ch
Explorer
0 Kudos
Actually it is already set to false: "(...)refreshAfterChange": false,(...)"
junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
in network tab of developer tool, you can see what is the initiator of the request, maybe you can get some idea there