Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Event Mesh - Maintain source for outbound bindings

Tukutupap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

First of all, I want to apologize if this question has been answered already. I am still trying to find my way around this new site, and I have not seen any reference to it.

We have copied down our Prod environment to test. I have redone all the configuration for event mesh, and this is what my outbound message looks like:

{

"type":"sap.s4.beh.product.v1.Product.Changed.v1",

"specversion":"1.0",

"source":"/default/sap.s4.beh/PROD",

"id":"0675e911-ee96-1eef-83ae-bd428725c8db",

"time":"2024-05-08T20:02:36Z",

"datacontenttype":"application/json",

"data":{"Product":"RANDOMMATERIAL"}

}

My question is, where do I go to update the source? I needs to reflect that is coming from test and not from production.

Thanks so much in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Tobias_Griebe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi @Tukutupap

the source parameter is part of your channel configuration in the S/4 system.
I don't know what type of system you are using (Cloud or OP). For the Cloud version there are several ways how you can create that channel (SAP_COM_0092 manually or via the extensibility services on BTP), which will also have an impact on the correct answer for your use-case.

Keep in mind: if you change the source parameter in your channel configuration, you need to make sure that the associated Event Mesh credentials are properly configured to be allowed to publish messages in that namespace.

Best regards,
Tobias     

Tukutupap
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Tobias, thanks for your answer. My system is On Premise. If you'd point me out to the right place where I can change this that would be amazing. Thank you!
Tobias_Griebe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi @Tukutupap,

In the SAP Customizing Implementation Guide (IMG), choose ABAP Platform->Enterprise Event Enablement->Administration->Channel Connection Settings->Manage Channel and Parameters and execute the node, or go to transaction /IWXBE/CONFIG to maintain the channel.

To be honest, I am not sure if you can change the source once the channel is created. You might have to create a new channel with the correct source parameter.

Best regards,
Tobias

Tukutupap
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks for your reply. All that configuration was redone after the client copy so it cant be that. I did some more digging and it looks like the cache is playing with me. At some point I am reading table /iwxbe/l_cache and it is finding a cache entry there (from production). So this is where it is coming from. Any idea how to clean up the cache for event mesh configuration?
Tukutupap
Participant
0 Kudos
I think this is what I am looking for: /IWXBE/R_CACHE_CLEANUP. Ill report back once I test this as I dont have access right now. But looks like once I delete all my cache entries I should be good.
Tukutupap
Participant
0 Kudos
That was it, a little cache clean up did the job. Thanks again!

Answers (0)