cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use SAP Datasphere for S/4HANA Data Migration Staging Tables (2Q2)

tarrandurham
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all

as per the usual method of using the HANA Cloud DB as Staging Tables in the S/4 - is it possible to use the HANA Space from the Datasphere in the same manner?

I have tried adding the Space Admin User as per the SAP_COM_0678 Communication Arrangement, but in the S/4 I only get connection errors. Whitelisting the IP might be the issue?

Best regards

Tarran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_eaton3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes, it is possible to use the HANA Cloud database that powers SAP Datasphere with Migration Cockpit. I would recommend creating a dedicated Database User in a Space, as this creates a new HANA database user with their own schema, which has full read/write access, you can then register this user with SAP_COM_0678.

Michael 

tarrandurham
Explorer
0 Kudos

-

tarrandurham
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hey Michael, appreciate your answer. Currently, I have a dedicated admin user with all authorisations in the space for this. But if I add all the credentials and hostname as per SAP_COM_0678, the migration cockpit gives me a connection error. And I have whitelisted S/4 IP's: 130.214.228.32/27 130.214.242.32/27. There is no way for me to debug the connection issue more. Have you done this before?
michael_eaton3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
You have to use a database user, not a space user - "Create database users to connect external tools to SAP Datasphere."
tarrandurham
Explorer
0 Kudos

See the issue in the migration cockpit: