cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasphere Working Capital Dashboard for SAP S/4HANA content Memory Allocation Error

ENES_SASMAZ
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,
First of all, this is my first post. Forgive me if I made a mistake.

i wanted to implemet this business content in my tenant:

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_DATASPHERE/6eb1eff34e4c4b1f90adfbfba1334240/a8a584ea6bfc1014a79e69594c...

After my investigations, I found that the error is in fact views such as SAP_FI_HL_JournalEntryBalanceTimeseries etc.

"INNER JOIN "SAP_FI_HL_TimeSeriesMonthlyValues" as "TimeSeries"
ON "GLAccountLineItem". "PostingDate" <= "TimeSeries". "TimeSeriesDate""
I see that the inner join operation multiplies the number of records in my transaction table. For example, the number of 96m records increases to 384 million. Is this a normal situation? Should my data not be multiplexed?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor

Hi Enes,

Welcome to SAP Community !

Yes, the inner joins multiples the number of records in the result set of the query.

In your specific example: "INNER JOIN "SAP_FI_HL_TimeSeriesMonthlyValues" as "TimeSeries"
ON "GLAccountLineItem". "PostingDate" <= "TimeSeries". "TimeSeriesDate""

It seems to be there is a high probability there will be multiple records on "GLAccountLineItem". "PostingDate" <= "TimeSeries". "TimeSeriesDate""

I'd recommend you to focus on some multiplied sample records and you would see it.

Regards,
Tuncay

ENES_SASMAZ
Discoverer
Thanks Tuncay, I really appreciate the explanation. SAP_FI_HL_TimeSeriesMonthlyValues view has more values than transaction table. I forgot a filter 🙂
TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
That's great! You are welcome, Enes.

Answers (0)