Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC BW live connection: Error Illegal State: data area already existing

playaben82
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I'm working in SAC MAN with a live connection to BW (BPC), and Stories (optimized) that used to work fine are now giving me random errors like getting stuck loading and not opening, but if I try a second time maybe it works.

To simplify and isolate the problem, I have created a simple story with two tables, each connected to a live model based on a BW query. When I save it and execute the story, I get an error on the screen saying to contact the administrator because the model information was not found. If I go to the browser console, I have this information:

2024-04-23T08:02:57.474Z [ERROR] Failed to create QM for [{"datasetId":"view:[_SYS_BIC][t.3][Cqv88q0nv7fh9o9dgej0kgois2e]"}], reason: Illegal State: Illegal State: data area already existing
at e [as constructor]

I tried with a new model on the same BW queries but the same issue persists. Also, I have also tried regenerating the query in RSRT. It is the development tenant in SAC with version 2024.2.21.

BW Live Connections is a BW on HANA system.

Do you have any idea about this error in the console?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

niels_leininger
Explorer

We got an Info from SAP today:

A patch was installed that we believe may have resolved this issue.

playaben82
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks for the info. It seems this fixed the problem. We have to do more tests but at first the error no longer appears. Thanks for sharing. Best Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

attila_kiss
Explorer

we're facing with the same issue since last weekend! 🙃

I hope SAP will release a patch quickly!

Attila

niels_leininger
Explorer

We seem to have the same infrastructure (BPC Models BW4HANA Live-Connection onpremise) and we get the same error (Error Illegal State: data area already existing) since the SAC update last weekend.

The error occurs always - we tried to change the query of the model and back to the original BPC query. Then it works exactly for one execution.

We are going to open an support message at SAP for it. 

Just saying - you are not allone with the problem.

playaben82
Explorer
Good to know! But What do you mean by the SAC update last weekend? Are you in Private o Public cloud? I not aware of any changes last weekend in SAC public? Thank you for answer
niels_leininger
Explorer
Due to https://me.sap.com/notes/2888562 there was a feature delivery last weekend. Systeminfo shows also built date of April 18th. We are also on public cloud.
playaben82
Explorer
0 Kudos
Yes, We have the same built date...If I find something I'll update here, if you know of any workaround to fix it let me know also thanks a lot.
niels_leininger
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP informed us today: A patch was installed that we believe may have resolved this issue.